Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Financial Wellness

So they say the first step is admitting you have a problem, so here it goes....


I have an addiction- I am addicted to shopping...with a little (tiny) bit of help from my husband and a couple of friends I realized I could (maybe) have a problem...one of which I am ready to talk about.


I realized there could be a problem when I would have things shipped to work so that my loving hubby would see my walking in with yet another shopping bag...I also realized that even though the "new" items sat in my car for weeks- they are still considered new.


So here I am admitting my problem and putting myself into shopping/financial rehab allowing myself an allowance per week and leaving my debit card at home...I was so proud of myself that I immediately called Michael to tell him the news...his response "Honey that is great, but doesn't it defeat the purpose of leaving your debit card behind when you have your number memorized?"


Crap, he is right...and I have my work cut out for me...I am one week in and of course feel great about myself and my choices (but again it is week one)...the huge struggle for me will be of course the fact I work a block from a mall and also that I am hounded everyday by sale and boutique emails screaming at me..."Look at all the clothes and shoes that are at least 50% off"...talk about a slap in the face...


I am holding strong...my goal is to save money for the two trips we have planned this year the first to NY City in May and the second to Vegas in Sept...talk about two places where I will spend no money :)


So here is the last purchase I made before I put myself in rehab...well worth it




No comments:

Post a Comment